Chex Party Mix has been a party favorite for over 50 years. Let's see how to make the original Chex party mix. A very simple recipe to make the delicious original chex mix. This recipe always stands the test of time. Absolutely DELICIOUS!! Try it at home and don't forget to write your comments and reviews.
- Serving Size: Calories 140 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g); Protein 3g
- % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 6%; Iron 30%
- Exchanges: 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Carbohydrate Choice
- MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans
- *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Makes: 24 servings
- 3cups Corn Chex cereal
- 3cups Rice Chex cereal
- 3cups Wheat Chex cereal
- 1cup mixed nuts
- 1cup bite size pretzels
- 1cup garlic flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 6tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon onion powder
Directions and Process:
- In large microwavable bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 40 seconds or until melted. Stir in seasonings. Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.
- Substitution: The original recipe includes Corn Chex, Rice Chex and Wheat Chex. You can mix and match to suit your taste - just use a total of 9 cups of cereal.
- Healthy: To reduce the fat to 2 grams and the calories to 80 per serving, use 3 tablespoons margarine instead of the 6 tablespoons butter, omit mixed nuts and use fat-free bagel chips.
- Presentation/Garnish: Make enough of this favorite mix to package up as gifts for special friends - it's so good and always a welcome surprise!