A little taste of lime and a splash of tequila is the crispy and yummy way to mix up the holiday season! Homemade Tequila Lime Chex Mix is a recipe to make your holiday an awesome day.
- 9 cups Chex cereal (I used equal parts Rice Chex, Corn Chex and Wheat Chex)
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup tortilla strips (or crushed tortilla chips)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons tequila
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4cup Worcestershire sauce
Directions amd Process:
- In large microwavable bowl, combine Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Wheat Chex, pretzels, peanuts and tortilla strips; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on high about 40 seconds or until melted.
- Stir in tequila, seasoned salt, chili powder, garlic powder and Worcestershire.
- Pour over cereal mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high 5 to 6 minutes, thoroughly stirring every 2 minutes.
- Spread on paper towels to cool. Store in airtight container.