Pizza. There's no doubt that it's everybody's favorite takeout. The beauty of making it at home is the fact that it's essentially a blank canvas - you can make it your own - the appetizer pizzas, chicken pizzas, grilled pizzas, and even cheeseburgers Or what about a Caesar salad pizza?
Today, I'm going to share a homemade pizza recipe. Try it at home and don't forget to write your comments and reviews.
Homemade Pizza Recipe
|Preparation Time||20 minutes|
|Cook/Bake Time||25 minutes|
|Total Time||45 minutes|
The following ingredients are required to make the delicious homemade pizza. I'm dividing them in 3 parts. Ingredients for: (i) the Dough, (ii) the No Cook Sauce/Red Pizza, and (iii) the White Veggie Pizza.
For the Dough:
- 3 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/3 cups of Warm Water, 110 degrees
- 1 Envelope of Yeast
For the No Cook Sauce/Red Pizza:
- 1 1/4 cup of Tomato Sauce or Tomato Puree
- Dried Oregano, to taste
- Dried Basil, to taste
- Granulated Garlic, to taste
- Granulated Onion, to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of Sugar
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, shredded
For the White Veggie Pizza:
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 Small Box of Frozen Chopped Spinach, defrosted and squeezed out of any liquid
- 1 cup of Frozen Cut Broccoli, defrosted and squeezed out of any liquid
- 1/2 cup Whole Milk Ricotta
- 1 Small Clove of Garlic
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- Light Sprinkling of Salt
Directions and Process:
To make the dough:
- Add the yeast to warm water and set it aside for about 3 minutes.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with a dough attachment, mix together the flour, salt, sugar and olive oil. Stir the yeast in the water to make sure its all dissolved and add it to the flour mixture.
- With the speed on medium, mix until everything is combined. Reduce the speed to low and mix for 10 minutes. 2 bowls with olive oil and set aside. Divide the dough in two pieces and roll into a ball. Place each ball of dough into the oiled bowls, seam side down and brush the tops of the dough with a little oil to stop them from drying out. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of each bowl and place the dough into a warm place. Inside a microwave or an oven (oven turned off) works best.
- To make the sauce simply mix together all of the sauce ingredients and adjust the seasonings to your taste. Set aside.
- To make the pizzas, preheat the oven to 475 degrees and place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat it for 20 minutes. (if you don't have a pizza stone you can use a large baking sheet just place it in the oven upside down so there are no edges)
- Sprinkle some flour onto your counter, take 1 ball of dough and dredge it in the flour on all sides. Using your hands (watch the video for proper instructions) or a rolling pin, roll the dough out to a 10 inch circle.
- Using a pizza peel (or a baking sheet upside down so that there are no edges) place the rolled out pizza dough on it and start topping it. To make a red pizza, using a ladle add the no cook sauce and using the back of the ladle swirl it all over the top of the dough.
- Top it with the shredded cheese and using the pizza peel slide it onto the pizza stone. Cook for 20 minutes, rotating half way through to insure even cooking.
- To make the white pizza, roll out the dough exactly the same way and place it on the pizza peel to top it. Brush the garlic oil all over the top of the dough, place the spinach and broccoli evenly all over the dough. Using a teaspoon dollop the ricotta all over the top of the veggies. Sprinkle the veggies lightly with salt and top the whole thing with the shredded cheese. Bake for 20 minutes rotating once half way through.
This dough is so perfect, not only does it taste awesome but it insures crispy crust every time! You can always make just one pizza and freeze the other dough ball. It doesn't get easier than this and trust me when I tell you that this is better than the takeout pizza.